Reverb 13: Day 2 Prompt:
What made your soul feel most nourished this year?
As I drink my tea, this post makes me take a deep breath. Just thinking about soul nourishment brings a sigh of relief. This year I learned a lot about creating healthy boundaries and speaking up for myself. At times it felt so foreign, it felt hard, it felt like I was flexing a new muscle (well, now that I think about it, I actually was.)
It is during those times that my soul needed the most nourishing, when I was yearning for space to recharge, refresh, and renew on this long winding road called growth. Here are a few things that nourished me in 2013:
1. Rest. Deep, comforting sleep made me feel like a new person. I have a tendency to avoid naps and stay busy, but this year I tapped into the power of resting.
2. Going outside and being with nature. Whether it was walking on the lake near my house or me and my husband taking a road trip to a national park, I felt like I was given new life being in nature.
3. Hot Tea. In the morning, I started a ritual of making a cup of tea and sipping it slowly for about 15 minutes.
4. Talking with my creativity coach. She is amazing and constantly reminds me of my divine nature and inner wisdom
5. My husbands hugs. Human touch and affection is beyond powerful.
And that is what nourished my soul this year. May we all find beautiful, nourishing spaces for our precious souls.