You are reading the first of many self care recipes. A Self Care Recipe is a curated self care ritual for your busy life. Each recipe is specifically for a particular event, routine, or feeling. Follow them in order or customize to your liking. Enjoy!
The “Morning Energizer” is a self care routine that allows you to ease into the day. This recipe is perfect for those days when you wake up on time, but find yourself wanting a few more minutes of sleep. This is also a good routine to partake in before a really hectic day ahead. The key here is to take your time, allowing your mind and body to wake up gently.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Ritual Time: 30 minutes
- Washcloth and Large Towel
- Your favorite soap with an invigorating scent (My favorite is Dr. Bronner’s Eucalyptus Soap)
- Music (search for Natalie Lauren)
- Body Oil (Currently using Brooke Blaze, and amazing Black women owned self care company)
- Your go to outfit (You know the one that is super comfortable and you can still wear to work, too. Comfy shoes too!
- Run warm water over a washcloth and wring out. Put the warm washcloth on your face for a minute. Repeat.
- Turn on the shower and allow it to steam. Take a shower for the next 10 minutes using the soap of your choice that awakens your senses.
- During the shower, take at least 3 deep breaths (inhale +exhale)
- Dry off and think of 2 things that you are grateful for in the moment
- Play the song “Meditate” by Natalie Lauren
- As the song plays, give yourself a head and shoulder massage using oil of your choice for the duration of the song
- Moisturize the rest of your body as your normally would
- Stretch for a few moments
- Put on your go to outfit (on days like today it is not about wearing the newest clothes or anything uncomfortable)
Repeat this routine on those days when you wake up and need an extra boost!
Want more self care tips? Subscribe to the K. Cole Wellness Newsletter to get the latest updates!