Reverb13, Day 6 Prompt:
There are so many “precious things” that are presented to us each day; discoveries and treasures found in simple moments, memories we wish to store in our hearts and keep with us forever.
What precious things have you gathered in 2013?
Which memories from this year do you wish to keep with you always?
This year was full of learning to be fully present where I was and in the moment. Many of my precious memories involve spending time with those that I love so much. In 2012, I isolated myself a lot more while I was writing and working on some things, but craved that connection, and in 2013 learned the importance of balancing the solitude with connecting and interacting with my nearest and dearest. Here’s is my top 10:
1. Me and the husband seeing Janelle Monae perform a heartfelt performance with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Pure Magic.
2. The look on my 5 year old godson’s face when we surprised him and showed up in Texas. 17 hour drive that was so worth it.
3. Monthly brunch with my friend Brandy. The laughter was literally food to my soul.
4. Taking a road trip to St. Louis to eat at the famed Sweetie Pies for my 4th year marriage anniversary with the husband.
5. Celebrating my cousin’s 30th birthday for the weekend with a visit to a winery, breakfast, and lots of conversation.
6. Getting my novel Dreaming Sisters bound into a paperback. Seeing the vision as I keep going with my dream.
7. Walking to the lake in the morning over the summer.
8. Having a peaceful night of sleep after moving earlier this year. Talk about sweet surrender.
9. Reading more novels for leisure. It was nice to sit back and unwind with a book a few times this year.
10. Being in California right now with my Mom, Dad, and Brother. Lots of laughter, hugs, and cookies.
Here is to keeping these memories as we make even more in 2014.